Monday, March 10, 2008

Who Ya Got?: CAA Champions Edition

"Time and time again I gotta turn back round and tell these hoes/That I am the H.N.I.C. bitch that's just the way it goes" - Big Boi (Purple Ribbon All Stars)

The Patriot Center, home of CAA Champions......and Sesame Street on Ice.

Agent Hiro here, checking in from the left coast, and it is my pleasure to say that GEORGE MASON IS GOING TED DANSON AGAIN!!! That's right bitches, my beloved Patriots are headed back to the promised land. This is going to kind of be a long-ish post, due to the fact that I haven't been able to blog effectively in the last couple of weeks while I've been in LA. My hobbiest paparazzi gig and trying to find (read: stalk) Rachel Bilson has taken quite a bit more time than I had originally anticipated.

Anyways, Mason beat a very white William & Mary squad 68-59 in the CAA Championship game in Richmond tonight. Sweet Jesus, I haven't seen that much white since the "Made Em Jump" crew balled and shot called their way to taking down Fat Joe's Terror Squad last summer on an "Icey White Wednesday" at Rucker Park. Only leading by 1 at the break, Folarin (pronounced "bah-ler") Campbell made it rain 3s to start the second half, and Mason never looked back. Will Thomas was once again a force to be reckoned with, dominating in the paint and finishing with 18 and 13. Now that we've gotten to Will Thomas, here is your "Who Ya Got?: CAA Champions Edition":

On the top is former Mason star and 3 time CAA POTY George Evans (yes, that George Evans), on the bottom is current Mason star Will Thomas. Take Will Thomas' hair off, and I'm pretty sure they're related/genetic clones. Kind of like Cheryl and Reggie Miller, I won't be fully convinced that they're not the same person until I see them in the same place at the same time. With my own eyes. If they can make digital piss, they sure as hell can make a digital Cheryl Miller.

I also want to send a big thanks to W&M for making our NCAA berth easier by taking out the Eric Maynor led VCU Rams, as well as a big congrats on making their first conference tournament final ever. EVER. Not bad for only being a educational institution for 315 years. At least you can take solace in the fact that you're located in the great commonwealth of Virginia, as well as the fact that someone on your baseball team has impeccable taste in music.

So while we wait for the big boys to duke it out in the major conference tournaments, let's all bask in the glory of Mason's victory, and reflect on what happened the last time they were invited to the Big Dance:



Somewhere, Nate Langley is smiling. And probably getting his hair cornrowed.

Yours in blood,
Agent Hiro

P.S. How you like them apples Packer and Nantz? Bitches.

No comments: