Thursday, March 6, 2008

Saddest News Since O.D.B Died



I have been putting off writing this post for a while now. After several white wine spritzers and hours on the couch in my favorite sweatpants crying, I feel I can now address this very sad topic.

Mr. Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer. There, I said it. Initially, I didn't want to believe the article, hoping it was just another fabricated story by Scott Templeton. But alas, it is all true.

We here at Made 'em Jump are all big fans of Mr. Swayze and celebrate his entire body of work. I, in particular, have a special spot in my heart for The Swayz after meeting him in 2005 in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean aboard USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75). Despite the fact that he was roughly 5'2" and looked to be made out of old catchers mitts, he was exceedingly nice and autographed a copy of "Point Break" for me.

We wish P. Swayze the best of luck and full and speedy recovery. And until then, we'll reflect back on his fine body of work to keep us going - such classic characters as Darry Curtis from "The Outsiders"; Jed from "Red Dawn"; or that "righteous son of a bitch" Bohdi from the single greatest move of all time - "Point Break"...

"Little hand says it's time to rock n' roll", Mr. Swayze.


Solemnly yours,
Agent Beero

No comments: