Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"... the life of kings." — H.L. Mencken


RIP "The Wire" 2002-2008


The series finale of "The Wire" aired this past Sunday and I'm still reeling from the realization that it's over. But in true Bahl-more form, the show went out on the straight ganster tip - guns blazing, crack pipes smoking, and to paraphrase Hova "middle finger to the Lord, grippin' its balls". "The Wire" went down the same way Bodie (undoubtedly my favorite character from the entire series) went out - standing its ground, protecting its corner, while its "Gloc go pop".

More or less "The Wire" kept it real all the time, and for that I am grateful...cause if the show had some copout ending, it would have been forever tainted...but in the end, those that needed to got got and the good guys - God love 'em - got drunk on Jamesons.

I'm gonna miss that fucking show. And for better or worse, I still love me some Bahl-more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Middle finger to the Lord"? He said law. That's one HELL of a mis-quote! lol.