Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Good, The Bad And The Budweisers

This weekend as a Wiz fan...

Friday night -- The boys traveled to Cleveland to take on the Cavs. If you've read this blog before, you know that we all hate Cleveland as a team and a city. Once again, Caron was out with the hip flexor. However, they did interview him and I tell you this -- Tough Juice is the best dressed player in the NBA. I was at a game at Verizon earlier this season and they did a best dressed contest showing Caron, Songalia and Pech. Does this seem unfair to anyone else? Caron was wearing a sick suit and looking fresh. Meanwhile, Pech was wearing Cross Colors (see Kriss Cross circa 1990) and Songalia was wearing a Hypercolor T-shirt. Needless to say, the deck was stacked in Caron's favor. Anyway, for the most part, the Wiz gave a gutty effort. They played tough defense, but in the end, were bested by Lebron, who hit two free throws in the waining seconds to give the Cavs the win. I went to bed enraged

Saturday night -- A couple of my friends and I had a suite at the phone booth for the game. It was awesome. One drawback about going to Wiz games is that I miss my friends Steve Buckhantz and Phil Chenier. In this case, I decided to replace their presence by drinking 20 Budweisers. This is where things start to get a little hazy and after the win, I decided to crack open about 20 more celebratory Budweisers. As opposed to being enraged when I went to bed, I was "spinny."

1-1 on the weekend. Still in the sixth playoff spot in the East and every day that passes we get closer to getting Gilbert and Caron back.

No comments: